Robert Johnson, D.O.
Dr. Johnson specializes in several areas of spine surgery and treats people with a wide range in spinal conditions that often result in chronic pain. Through cervical and lumbar arthroplasty, Dr. Johnson helps his patients regain a better chance of a more active lifestyle with less future complications and follow-up procedures.
In addition, Dr. Johnson is experienced in using advanced robotic equipment during spine surgery, allowing him to have great precision and make smaller incisions. This results in shorter hospital stays, better outcomes, and quicker recovery for his patients. He also teaches surgeons various procedures ranging from robotics to the most advanced minimally invasive procedures for back pain.
Spine surgery combines the knowledge and physical ability to help patients gain relief from their pain and maintain their active lifestyle. “My goals as a physician are not only to help patients obtain some relief from their aliments, but to help keep them doing what they love. I passionately believe that you will love living life if you live doing what you love, whether that is getting down on the ground to play with the grandkids or being a high-level athlete.”
Dr. Johnson found his passion for helping others with spine surgery from his own experiences of seeing how spinal injuries can impact people's quality of life, as he saw with his mother. She wasn't able to do a lot of the things that she enjoyed because of injuries she sustained in car accidents at a younger age and the surgeries that went with them.
“However, with the advancements in medicine, we now have superior options to help people get back to doing what they love. That’s why I love what I do. I have the privilege to help people in similar situations.”
Meet Dr. Johnson
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine,
- Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois.
- Orthopedic residency at Oklahoma State University Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Completed a six month rotation in pediatric orthopedics at the University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, and a six month rotation in Trauma/Hand/Foot and Ankle at Tampa General Hospital—in association with Florida Orthopedic Institute—in Tampa Bay, Florida.
- Completed a prestigious spine fellowship at the Texas Back Institute in Plano, Texas, where he was trained by the premier authorities on spine arthroplasty and robotic spine surgery in conjunction with traditional surgical techniques.
When not practicing medicine, Dr. Johnson loves to spend time with his wife, Tiffany, and their three children. He enjoys restoring cars and trucks and loves cycling, all water activities (waterskiing, boating, wakeboardnig, etc), and hunting.
Se habla Español.
A “Miracle” Procedure - Grandmother Now Pain Free
Debbie’s lower back pain was debilitating her from living her life. It kept her from playing with her 14 grandchildren, and she was starting to feel depressed. Thankfully, Debbie found our very own Dr. Robert E. Johnson at Summit Orthopaedics, where he recommended the Intracept® Procedure.
6 months after her procedure, Debbie is back to feeling pain-free. She feels that she has a “New Lease on Life” and has referred to this procedure as a Miracle.
Click on the video to watch the full story and learn about the success the Intercept® Procedure has for treating chronic lower back pain.